Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jesus In The Genealogy of Genesis?


Jesus in the genealogy of Genesis?


I'm not one to put a lot of stock in the meaning of names.  If simply naming someone determines their outcome in life, everyone would be naming their children "Rich" or "Halcyon", or "Colossal Cash".  Usually, the only time I pay attention to the name of a person is when God changes their name.  Abram becomes Abraham, Jacob becomes Israel, Saul becomes Paul, and the list goes on.

However, I listened to a lecture by Chuck Missler who points out that there is a Gospel of Jesus foretold in the genealogy from Adam to Noah:

Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh - Mortal
Kenan - Sorrow
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - Shall come down
Enoch - Teaching
Methuselah - His death shall bring
Lamech - The Despairing
Noah - Rest

This fascinated me.  "Man appointed mortal sorrow, the Blessed God shall come down teaching His death shall bring despairing rest".

It's hard for me to ignore this.  Every day, the bible fascinates me and piques my interest to dig further.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment